Secretariat of APACT 2013
c/o ICS Convention Design, Inc.
Chiyoda Bldg., 1-5-18, Sarugakucho,
Chiyoda-ku, Tokyo 101-8449, Japan
TEL : +81-3-3219-3541
FAX : +81-3-3219-3577
Pre & Related Conference
United for Tobacco Free World
- What should WE do? -
Sunday, August 18th, 9:00 - 17:30
Makuhari Messe in Chiba, Japan
2-1, Nakase, Mihama-ku, Chiba-city, 261-0023 Japan
- Simultaneous interpretations (English to Japanese ) will be available
- Those who would like to borrow interpreter, please bring official ID with you. One of the following IDs are available; passport, driver license, national insurance card, student ID and so on
Objectives of the Conference
- Raise awareness for tobacco epidemics especially among young generations and create global young leaders in next generations.
- Create Asia – pacific networks among young generations in order to address tobacco issues.
Key Note lecture 1"Youth and tobacco advertising, promotion and sponsorship"
Dr. Douglas W. Bettcher
Director, Prevention of Non-communicable Diseases (PND), World Health Organization
Key Note lecture 2"What is done and what is to be done"
Dr. Yumiko Mochizuki
Division Chief, Tobacco Policy research Division, Center for Cancer Control
Lunch Session"A popular Buddhist temple as a starting place for tobacco free initiative"
Akinori Kuruma, M.D., Ph.D.
Priest-in-chief Koganji Temple Tokyo Japan
Councilor of Japan Society for Tobacco Control (JSTC)
Specialist physician for cardiology and smoking cessation
Poster presentationShare good practices related to tobacco control among countries.
World CaféDivided into small groups and discuss challenges and countermeasures for tobacco epidemics.
Keynote remarks"Youth Activism: Empowering the Next Generation of Tobacco Control Partners!"
Ms. Nicole M. Sutton
Project Director, REAL: Hawaii Youth Movement Exposing the Tobacco Industry,
School of Nursing and Dental Hygiene at University of Hawaii - Manoa
- All costs related with conference participation, including travel, accommodation meals except lunch on 18th shall be covered by individual participants, not by the conference organizers.
- Lunch on 18th will be provided by conference organizers.
- If you join APACT youth conference (August 18th), you will be able to join APACT (August 19th to 21st) at 8,000 JPY (official fee; 10,000 JPY for students, 60,000 JPY for non-student delegates). If you would like to participate both youth conference and APACT, please register both APACT and APACT youth conference and please bring ID with you on August 18th in order to check your age.
Networking party among participants will be held. We will give you the details later.
|Date||Saturday, August 17, 19:00 - 21:00|
|Participation fee||4,000-5,000 JPY (TBA)|
*Online Registration has been closed. On-site Registration is available. Please come to the room directly.
|Registration deadline||Wednesday, July 31st|
Please see APACT hotel information
- We do not support any expense for accommodation
For any inquiries, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org
>> PAGE TOP